Paul Greens’ love affair with photography began at the age of 4 with an old, non-functioning Box Brownie camera, watching the world through the scratched up plastic viewfinder, imagining magic.
Given the gift of an Instamatic camera and film at the age of 7, he began to photograph his world, observing people and their reactions, as well as encouraging them to play up and pose, capturing silliness and fun.
This passion and curiosity for people, costume, and play has stayed with him throughout his life and is reflected in his work today.
Paul studied fine art photography at The Victorian College of the Arts, and commercial photography at The Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, both in Melbourne Australia.
Later he gained training from high-end commercial advertising and fashion photographers in Melbourne, New York City, and London, before moving to Sydney Australia to begin business as a professional photographer.
In the first four years of his professional career in Sydney he landed such top clients as SONY, Australian Vogue, Australian GQ, Good Weekend Magazine, and Saatchi and Saatchi.
Feeling unsatisfied, he sold all his possessions except his cameras and a small bag of clothing and moved to Berlin Germany. Knowing no one in the city, he was able to begin fresh, exploring more creative aspects of his work. Within a short time he was able to establish a large network of creative colleagues, as well as fans of his work.
Since then he has discovered a love of performing artists, especially people working within the guise of prescribed, and self invented characters.
· September 2014 “Behind the Mask” solo photographic exhibition of Staatsoper Berlin portraits, Rainmaking Loft, Berlin
· October 2013 “Berlin Burlesque” commercial edition, book launch and burlesque show, Roadrunners Paradise, Berlin
· November 2012 “Berlin Burlesque” solo photographic exhibition and book launch, The WYE, Berlin
· February 2012 “Walk the Edge” solo photographic exhibition, August 35 gallery, Berlin
· January 2011 “Meet Me in Berlin” solo photographic exhibition, Australische Botschaft, Berlin.
2014 – “Behind the Mask” self-published book of Staatsoper Berlin portraits.
2013 – “Berlin Burlesque by Paul Green” published by Jaron Verlag, Germany
2012 – “Berlin Burlesque by Paul Green” self-published edition